Saturday, January 4, 2014

Beauty Tricks for Surviving the Cold Winter

Although I must admit that the weather is not being too cold these days, I am afraid that the snowy days are yet to come. Protecting your skin is one of the most important things in order to suffer the effects of low temperatures as little as possible. In this post I will share with you my favourite creams and ways to keep skin hydrated throughout the whole winter season.

I am an absolute fan of the American cosmetics brands Kiehl's and Elizabeth Arden and simply cannot do without their products. I made sure to pack a couple of treatments before coming to Munich, in case I did not have much time to look for them during the first weeks.

The first treatment that I would like to share with you is a simple daily three steps moisture routine.




It consists of an oil-free cleanser, toner and lotion. The fourth step is an option that I added and use as my daily pre-makeup base: a BB cream with a natural color and sun protection factor.










 






To keep the skin healthy, smooth and clean the pores thoroughly, one must use a good exfoliator. I found a great combination in the micro-dermabrasion exfoliator + white clay cleansing mask. I use it once or twice per week and love the results.












I also have the Kiehl's ultra facial overnight hydrating masque, which is applied at night and repairs and protects skin deeply, and I will bring it out as soon as I start planning a skiing trip in the Alps!

Lucky for me there is a Kiehl's store in Sendlingerstra├če, so I will be able to replenish my products without having to go far.

Other products that I wanted to share with you today are from the Eight Hour line of Elizabeth Arden. These products I use to hydrate my skin on a daily basis specially when I know that I will spend more time outside in the cold.  




I love having these always with me in my bag: Lip gloss, hand cream and the star product of the line - the Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant. The latter is an all-purpose balm which helps prevent chapped skin (and I also use it for the lips!). The great thing is that they also come in handy travel sizes.

These products are easy to find in airports, and I always keep an eye open for them when I travel.










Lastly, I wanted to share with you a great way to keep your skin clean without using aggressive products - it is the Erno Laszlo sea mud soap. I discovered this soap a couple of months ago (it was recommended to me by a very good friend) and now I take it with me wherever I go.
The trick is to use it in combination with the Erno Laszlo phelityl cleansing oil, which removes traces of make-up and keeps the skin moisturised. 







Here you can see the soap better, mine is already pretty much used. It is a great way to prepare your skin before applying your facial cream.

Now you are ready to face the winter days!








Needless to say, it is important to get advice from professionals on which treatment best suits your skin type and keep a good daily routine in order to have healthy skin.

I am always up for trying new beauty products and the next one that I would like to try is the EOS lip balm (strawberry sorbet flavour). It does not seem to be sold in Europe, so if anyone knows how to get it please leave a comment! Promise to give feedback and keep you posted on the best products and beauty tricks :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment